Home FAQ Taxation Tax code for representative office
Tax code for representative office PDF Print E-mail

Is a representative office required to register for its tax code? And if yes, is the representative office to file its tax report at local tax authority?

A representative office must obtain a tax code. The RO is not required to submit the corporate income tax report nor to maintain its bookkeeping system in accordance with the current Vietnamese regulations. However, the RO has to record and maintain its bank and cashbook to justify the purpose of cash in-flows from foreign holding company to Vietnam. The RO has to calculate tax deduction, tax declaration and tax payment for personal income tax (PIT) and foreign contractor tax (FCT) while making the cash/ bank disbursement for salary, bonus and service fees. The RO can, however, produce internal financial statements as required by its holding company.


Contact Us

Level 2, Kinh Do Building
292 Tay Son Road, Dong Da District
Tel: +8424 38 567 777
Hotline: 09 43 42 8998
Fax: +844 3 944 6455

Ho Chi Minh City
Level 3, Loc Phat Building,
68 Bach Dang Street,
Ward 2, Tan Binh District
Tel: +848 3990 7777
Hotline: 09 4241 8998

Email to Vietsourcing